Bug Report OBS makes MacOS stall for a few seconds on boot

StreamPanel

There are 2 issues I have encountered. 1) Whenever I launch the app, it makes MacOS stall for the 3-4 seconds it takes to load OBS (the app dock bounce animation freezes). 2) The monitor that has OBS sometimes begins to have a mouse input lag that is disorienting (closing OBS fixes it).

dsdDuane

I'm having the same problem - I've isolated it to browser inputs - for whatever reason - and this wasn't the case in the past - having a browser input (I have 3) stalls the load/boot of OBS and freezes the entire computer. If I delete the browser in the source/scene then it boots up quickly and runs fine. After the "freeze" OBS runs fine and normally but it is really odd. You'll also probably notice that if you create another browser input everything hangs. Even if it is just the default one it freezes.

I'd love to know if you can isolate your issue to that as well StreamPanel. It took me a while to troubleshoot it. I ended up deleting sources, restarting, deleteing some more, until it FINALLY booted up at the "normal" speed. I suppose I didn't notice it before because I had my scenes already created and it was just loaded into my updated OBS install.

TFE

I’ve noticed the same delay/freeze of late when starting OBS on my new MacBook Pro but not on my older iMac. Only started after updating to latest version of OBS. I do not have any browser inputs as sources. Other recent problem on the MPB but not the iMac is the time it now takes for OBS to access media files saved on the MPB for use in sources. 5-10 second delay before OBS is able to access the files so you open/insert them into OBS. Never was a delay/problem with the previous version of OBS. And nothing else has changed. Anyone have similar experience or suggestions to fix?

Duo Haptism

I am having the same issue with browser sources causing the whole computer to hang when I launch it or when I add a new browser source.

it also has a weird issue where if I hide a browser source then show it again it is now 2X bigger than it should be and I have to edit them to be the right size.