OBS looses audio output

chaoscommander

Dear OBS Team,

Short description of the current situation:
- Our editors use OBS Studio to stream a VLC source coming from our IP TV system to Facebook.
- The VLC source is a SDI to TS encoder connected to a conventional video router from Imagine Technologies.
- The input of the encoder is switched from HD test chart to a different SD source, which contains the output signal of our TV studio.

Issue:
- If the streaming to Facebook has started before the switching between the HD and SD source took place, OBS looses the audio right in that moment of the switch event. Video is still streamed but without audio.
- If the streaming to Facebook starts right after the switch took place, everything is fine with the audio.

Maybe the internal encoder of OBS gets confused when the picture format of the incoming stream is changed from HD to SD. But that's only a guess.

I hopefully made myself clear about this. If not, please ask. Thanks in advance for your support. Great software!! :))

Cheers,
Joe

Last edited:

chaoscommander

Hi,

I figured out that switching between source with the same video standard does not cause any issues. Switching form SD to SD or HD to HD works fine. Only if the incoming stream changes from HD to SD or vice versa the audio breaks up.

We now use only SD test charts between the broadcasts so this works fine for us.

Best regards,
Joe

Alexvi

Hi,
I had the same problem couple of day ago during a streaming to Facebook. We had 4 HD sources one of them with an overlay used at the beginning of the event.
Not sure what was the cause, but the Facebook stream had no audio even if I had visual indication in OBS for the audio and I was able to hear the sound during this time having the monitor set to "Monitor and output"