OBS launching with error

OneStepLayered

Hi, updated OBS, and on relaunch was prompted with this error:

Outdated Visual C++ Runtime
OBS Studio requires a newer version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables.

You will now be directed to the download page.

Clicking OK links to the following page: https://obsproject.com/visual-studio-2022-runtimes
Clicking cancel or closing doesn't let you continue.

I've already had these installed, so when opening the files, I was prompted to repair. I've tried repairing for both, and OBS still won't open without showing the same error (After a restart). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarts included, still giving the same error.

I've googled the error and came across a Reddit thread saying I should try installing the two files directly downloaded from Microsoft's site. Tried that, same issue.

Can't get a log since I can't even get OBS opened to give one. Any solutions?

rinsuoka

I have the same issue as well, I think it's correlated to the microsoft outage globally. Maybe we can uninstall OBS and download the previous version (but this could be bad because we can lose our settings and all that)

EDIT: update your graphics drivers, i updated my nvidia drivers and it works perfectly again

Last edited:

Fayr

Make sure you don't have random msvcp files in your obs-studio/bin/64bit folder.
I don't know what "msvcp" is, so I have to look for a file with that name, or a file extension.
Afterwards in any case I have neither one nor the other according to my research.

I would also like to point out that I only have this error with the 64bit version of Visual C++

Dylgod

I am also having this problem. My graphics drivers are up to date and i have a fresh install of obs. I get prompted to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables even though i have them (repairing does nothing). I have made sure to delete ALL files and folders related to obs before installing.

I also confirmed that there were no msvcp files in my obs folder/subfolders

Dreamweaver

Hi, updated OBS, and on relaunch was prompted with this error:

Clicking OK links to the following page: https://obsproject.com/visual-studio-2022-runtimes
Clicking cancel or closing doesn't let you continue.

I've already had these installed, so when opening the files, I was prompted to repair. I've tried repairing for both, and OBS still won't open without showing the same error (After a restart). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarts included, still giving the same error.

I've googled the error and came across a Reddit thread saying I should try installing the two files directly downloaded from Microsoft's site. Tried that, same issue.

Can't get a log since I can't even get OBS opened to give one. Any solutions?
Same problem here.

My VC_redist.x64/x86 are the latest from official Microsoft page. My NVIDIA driver is up to date. I reinstalled both VC and OBS and restarted the system. Alas, no dice
Please help!

Suslik V

Related issue on GitHub:
and post with the step by step instructions (may work for you):