Question / Help OBS keeps saying 'Failed To Connect to server' When streaming

Arctearus

Yes, Harold. It does. I've tried restarting my router, reinstalling obs, and many other things. I know it can't be my firewall, because I know it's not blocked.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
If it doesn't work across multiple streaming providers (not just different Twitch servers) it really does sound like something is actively blocking OBS from connecting. Can you test on a different network (take your computer somewhere else) or with a different computer on your current network? Is this your home ISP that you are in full control of or are you e.g. on a university connection?

Arctearus

Sapiens, I am not in FULL control of my own internet, my father is. Yes, it's a home ISP, but no, I don't have full on control over it. I'll see what I can do. I checked my router settings, and for some reason I could stream flawlessly. That was about a month ago. So, don't make any bets yet.

Jay Roosa

You may have to check with your provider. We tried doing a live stream for someone only to find out the provider had a firewall at the internet modem/router blocking the stream. Once we got it turned off we were fine.

Arctearus

I just checked with my dad, and he said that it's usually something wrong with the router. It could be the firewall. Last I checked, the firewall settings where set to High.