OBS keeps connecting and disconnecting to kick

showdownking

I’ve been using OBS and streaming for over two years and when I first started, I had this problem I don’t recall how I fixed it. Because of it started streaming on OBS stream labs and there was no issue until one day, I think I did some thing and then OBS worked properly. So I staid with obs since then. I recently got a new PC which is significantly better than my last one. I basically got everything high-end with a 4090gpu Intel nine core processor, etc.. basically 6k pc and it’s five times better than my prior one, today as I was finishing setting up my OBS sources and full layout, I went to stream and it does not connect to kick at all. I did all my settings the exact same there’s no reason for me to downscale bitrate with a PC that is 10 times better. Not that that’s its issue it tried multiple things and it won’t work.

sandrix

Your stream will reconnect to the platform if you specified incorrect encoder settings.
- Maximum bitrate on kick.com 9000 kbps
- Recommended 8000 kbps
- Resolution no more than 1920x1080

Harold

Kick's limits in practice are actually significantly lower than that
3500kbit video bitrate
1280x720 maximum video resolution

Above that, you are EXTREMELY more likely to have your stream rejected by kick's servers