Question / Help OBS Keeps buffering and Freezing on Twitch

bestbounty

I downloaded OBS to stream pokemon showdown. You would think since I payed over 1500 for a macbook it would work perfectly. It's pretty bad in my experience. What settings should I be using for the Mac? There is not a lot of options with this version unlike windows it seems.
Anyway every time on twitch it buffs which makes no sense since professional streams get perfect streams with 2000 people in the room while I have like 3 people and it lags plus buffs. I kept lowering the quality but my friend said it was still buffing every 10 seconds. Makes no sense at all. Please help me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 2.53.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 2.53.20 PM.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 2.53.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 2.53.31 PM.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 2.53.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 2.53.43 PM.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 115

D2ultima

1 - Macbook prices are SEVERELY inflated due to the fact that it is a "mac". Macs have been known to sell machines with dual-core i7s (yes, you read that right) in the past. Hardware is about 90% of what matters in terms of squeezing performance out of your system, not how much you paid for it; you should try finding out your exact specs and what they mean if you don't already know them. Apple uses proprietary Intel CPUs on their stuff often.

2 - You're streaming... 1600p... using 1500 bitrate... at 30fps... using superfast compression... No. You got 1500 upload? you don't cross 540p unless you know exactly what you're doing.

3 - The ingest server may have had problems processing your request. It could have been due to 1600p stream resolution, or your internet could simply have not been up to the task TO THAT PARTICULAR TWITCH SERVER and swapping servers may benefit you (and the viewers). Also, checking past broadcasts can help you see if your stream was actually stuttering/freezing or if it was your buddy's internet/PC.

4 - Extending your resolution base, your buddy's (and other viewers) may simply not be able to decode 1600p resolution. Older CPUs or weaker netbook-type CPUs, or phones, etc? They have a certain limit of what they can download, and the resolution is FAR more impacting than the bitrate. It's easier to decode a 3000 bitrate, 720p 60fps stream than it is to decide a 1080p, 30fps 1500 bitrate stream. You were doing 1600p.

5 - Try some local recordings first. If you can get your local recordings to look and playback OK, then twitch is likely going to work just as okay, unless someone's internet is being stupid. And if your local recordings work, then you can bet Steve Jobs' legacy that the stream should output to twitch as-is.