OBS/iPhone - Keeps getting interrupted?

davebtcg

Hello,

First time poster, first time user of OBS. I've just started to use this to craft some YouTube content and for the most part, getting everything set up has been quite straight-forward but I am encountering an issue using my iPhone as a camera.

Whilst I'm aware there is an app, I'm currently trying to spend as little as possible as I'm testing things out. My phone connects easily and it appears to utilise the iOS/OS handover function. Everything works great for about 2 minutes and then my image will freeze, there's a little jingle and then the picture starts again. I've no idea what's causing the interruption - I've ensured the phone can't go to sleep, I've ensured the screen is locked, I've turned off notifications... I've done everything that *I* can think of - but I'm coming up short so I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and was able to fix it?

I am of course looking to invest in new kit in the future but right now, I'm just trying to get things working with what I have!

For reference, I'm using an iPhone 15 Pro and I'm on a 24 inch Apple M3 Mac running the latest OS.

Can anyone help me stop tearing my hair out?!

Thanks in advance!

KUCTech

Hello davebtcg: I don't have a direct solution to your situation, but I will comment on my experience, in case it helps.

My configuration is in a church setting, live streaming services and concerts to YouTube. We have 2 X PTZ cameras, connected to a WIndows computer via Network/NDI. And up until a few months ago OBS was being run on a Mac. Occasionally I need an additional camera and I use my phone (Pixel 3XL) or any other volunteered phone where I think the camera is better quality than mine, although I don't know if I have ever used an iPhone. I have tried different apps (Iriun, DroidCam and others) and they all have their pros and cons. But I have not found any one technique that is 100% reliable as far as staying connected is concerned. I don't recall having your exact symptoms of freezing and restarting, but these have been primarily Android phones.

The connection that gives me the best connectivity is VDO Ninja, and is my first choice when I need to add a camera.

I hope this helps. . .