OBS Interface Suggestions for OSX

Kismet

While i'm here asking a question about centering (on a different Post) i'll drop some suggestions.

Kismet's Suggestions on OSX Version of OBS: (may also be useful on windows version)
1) Larger "Sources" window - OBS OS X UI:

Issue:
I find myself scrolling up and down often looking for sources in middle of stream and it slows me down. I have about 15+ that are from Video Playback, Overlays, Images, PC Video Sources, etc.. the window is too small.

Suggestions:

a) Allow the Sources scroll window to be enlarged to see all sources at once.
b) Give a layout option where Scenes & Sources are on the Side (left or Right) of the preview window instead of the bottom of the interface. This will let the sources box be longer and thus I can see all of my sources and select from them during the stream.
c) Sources Floating Window that allows me to resize the window & enlarge it to see all of my sources and swap between them.
d) Middle Split between Preview window and Scenes/Sources area below. Meaning, there should be a resize option to adjust the ratio between the preview and the Scenes / Sources area at bottom. When you click & Hold along the edge of the bottom of the preview it should resize the preview smaller, but enlarge the Scenes, Sources and Mixer boxes.
e) Under Settings > General > Theme, there should be options for "Left Default", "Right Dark", etc..

I created a little mock up below to show some my suggestions.

Thanks,

- Kismet

OBSMockup.jpg

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Something like this has actually already been in development for a while, just put on the back burner for now in favor of some more important features.