Question / Help OBS Install Fail (MAC)

RogerWalsh

I am trying to update OBS, but the installer fails. I've tried installing in Safe mode, repairing disks, and i reset ACLs in Recovery mode. Can't find any other solutions online.
Log file is attached and posted, but the main problem is I don't have permission to save OBS in the folder "receipts." The folder isn't locked or anything.

Nov 28 11:41:04 Rogers-MacBook-Pro.local installd[398]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Nov 28 11:41:06 Rogers-MacBook-Pro.local installd[398]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 "You don’t have permission to save the file “org.obsproject.pkg.obs-studio.bom” in the folder “receipts”." UserInfo=0x7fb1c3855dd0 {NSFilePath=/var/db/receipts/org.obsproject.pkg.obs-studio.bom, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fb1c3850750 "The operation couldn’t be completed. Operation not permitted"} {
NSFilePath = "/var/db/receipts/org.obsproject.pkg.obs-studio.bom";
NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. Operation not permitted\"";
}
Nov 28 11:41:06 Rogers-MacBook-Pro.local Installer[387]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Nov 28 11:41:06 Rogers-MacBook-Pro.local Installer[387]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Nov 28 11:41:06 Rogers-MacBook-Pro.local Installer[387]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

Attachments

• Installer Log 28-Nov-2015.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 90
Did you try fixing permissions with disk utility?
It might or might not help.

Edit: I think you did. Sorry for not reading your post properly.