OBS Gstreamer Plugin install

wwwwwwwwww

Hi I am new to OBS, have just installed obs-studio on my ubuntu 20.04 using the instructions on this page. I would like to install the obs-gstreamer plugin, however, I have not been able to find instructions online on how to do it. For example, on the github is says

Linux plugins can be installed in locations that follow this scheme:
~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/<pluginname>/bin/64bit/<pluginname>.so

My .config/obs-studio/ directory does not have a plugins/ folder. And how exactly do I install the plugin? I also see here that there are instructions on how to install OBS Gstreamer plugin on Windows, but the instructions for Linux are missing. Can someone share how to do this? Thank you very much

Tuna

First of all, that installation page mentions two ways to install OBS. You didn't say which one you have chosen.

For the PPA, have you tried creating that directory and used the structure as given?

wwwwwwwwww

First of all, that installation page mentions two ways to install OBS. You didn't say which one you have chosen.

For the PPA, have you tried creating that directory and used the structure as given?
Hi Tuna
Thank you very much for your reply. I installed obs-studio using apt. After your email, I created the directory following the structure on the github and things are working now. Do I need to run the meson and ninja commands in Build to complete the install?

Tuna

No, that is just for building the plugin. If you took the .zip with the plugin, just moving it there is enough.

SonnyWalkman

Hi, I've been using Gstreamer plugin for inputs into OBS and works a treat! I'm wanting to do the same for output however, there is no UI as yet to do so and mention on the GitHub page the method is to add the Gstreamer pipeline in the settings file? Has anyone had an example and what file to add it too?