Resource icon

obs-ghostscript 1.3

NLeseul

Physics-is-Phun

Hi, NLeseul--

I've tried this on my Windows partition, and it works absolutely as designed/expected. Great!

However, I also have a Linux partition, and do almost all of my professional work on Linux. This is especially the case now, as I'm a teacher who is quarantined, and I'm trying to use OBS to record video segments to stitch together into lectures. Because I use LaTeX to create my slideshows, the output is in pdf; I'd prefer to record my slideshows from a PDF viewer, but the Window Capture source doesn't recognize the pdf viewer. I've tried following the procedure on your YouTube video, but I know I'm doing it incorrectly, because I'm pretty sure dll files won't run correctly on Linux. Do you happen to know how to properly install this plugin from source, or do you have plans to make a Linux version of this plugin?

If it helps, I'm running Debian Bullseye! Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

dtbecker

Dear NLeseul,
I am a Mac user. Your plugin seems to exactly what I am looking for since I am working with pdf-slideshows a lot (Uni). Do you think there is a chance to make this available for Mac users as well?
Daniel

tdowell

When I select a scene using pdf-ghostscript, the pdf document won't appear until I go through the motions of going into the source's properties and browsing to the pdf source and re-selecting it as the source file. Am I doing something wrong? Having to go through this process is unacceptable in a live presentation.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
tim

koolobs

Thank you for the great plugin! I have a large collection of PDFs and this really saved me from having to convert the files to image files.

The only thing is that I find that the same PDF when displayed in OBS looks more jagged than when in Acrobat--see attached picture.

Is this a matter of "anti-aliasing"? Is it possible to add this to the plug-in?

thank you very much

Attachments

• ghostscript.png
    ghostscript.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 92

studiogirl005

Dear NLeseul,
I am a Mac user. Your plugin seems to exactly what I am looking for since I am working with pdf-slideshows a lot (Uni). Do you think there is a chance to make this available for Mac users as well?
Daniel
Hi, from what I read, this plugin would also be the perfect solution for my work at the university, for I frequently have to work with pdf-slides and always struggle with the right plugin/connection of pdf and OSB.. I would be so thankful if there was a plugin for Mac users as well! Thanks so much

marcob8986

Hi, I used to be able to scroll with the mouse wheel on the "interact" window of OBS to scroll the PDF.
Now it suddenly stopped working.
Any idea why and how to fix it?