Question / Help OBS/Game Capture HD/ ChatLink with MacOS

Titan_Athlete

I have been scrolling through forum posts/ youtube videos for a while and i'm having a tough time finding an answer. I am recording my El Gato Gameplay through the Game Capture HD software since MacOS doesn't recognize the El Gato Software. I am then using the "Display Capture" feature on OBS to receive the video from Game Capture HD. My problem now is with the audio. I have purchased a El Gato Chatlink since I am using a wired headset that connects to the controller port. I am trying to get OBS to recognize gameplay audio from my PS4 as well as my voice and party audio. Does anyone have any recommendations or if this is even possible?

Thanks

Narcogen

Not easily, no.

Elgato unfortunately promotes some of their devices as "compatible with MacOS" and "compatible with OBS" without mentioning it's not "compatible with OBS running on MacOS" which you have already discovered.

Since OBS can't access the card directly it can't get audio from it except through Elgato's software.

If their software can send audio from the device to the system default, you can then follow the guide for capturing desktop audio on MacOS with OBS and capture it that way.

Chat audio you'll have to get by connecting your controller to a hardware input on your Mac.

How to capture desktop audio on Mac

Honestly, though? Don't throw good money after bad at your Elgato equipment if you're committed to using MacOS as a platform. Either move to Windows so you can use OBS with your capture card, or either return or sell the Elgato and get a device that will work with OBS on MacOS. Magewell, BlackMagic, and AJA equipment works well with OBS.