Question / Help OBS for OSX 10.11.6

ndoemusic

Hey new user here. I’m on OSX 10.11.6 I’m hardware locked at that OS because of my Mac Pro and also hardware locked with my audio interface/mixer the Midas Venice F24 and am running into my Mac through FireWire. So have installed the last version of OBS that I think supports OS X 10.11.6. I’m so far successfully using OBS 24.0.6. I am able to run it successfully with my iPhone as the “webcam” via EpocCam HD on my iPhone 11 max pro.
I’m trying to get the audio from my Midas mixer into OBS. The program recognizes the Midas in OBS I can select it from the drop down in the audio preferences but I don’t get the “active” next to it in the advanced audio preferences like I’ve seen in other videos. So I assume that is the issue.
Just looking for help how to get the audio to work. Or if I need to use a different version of OBS.
I know the Midas is working because I use it in my studio all the time getting audio into the Mac and can even get audio back to mixer from the Mac so I know the audio is working bi directionally.
Thanks for the help

ndoemusic

Yeah i have tried the ishowU audio plugin and the multi output device in the audio setup window on OSX with the midas and my Motu (firewire) interface. Still the same results. Also tried my DJ controller because it has a generic USB audio interface... No dice

Brian Life

Hey new user here. I’m on OSX 10.11.6 I’m hardware locked at that OS because of my Mac Pro and also hardware locked with my audio interface/mixer the Midas Venice F24 and am running into my Mac through FireWire. So have installed the last version of OBS that I think supports OS X 10.11.6. I’m so far successfully using OBS 24.0.6. I am able to run it successfully with my iPhone as the “webcam” via EpocCam HD on my iPhone 11 max pro.
I’m trying to get the audio from my Midas mixer into OBS. The program recognizes the Midas in OBS I can select it from the drop down in the audio preferences but I don’t get the “active” next to it in the advanced audio preferences like I’ve seen in other videos. So I assume that is the issue.
Just looking for help how to get the audio to work. Or if I need to use a different version of OBS.
I know the Midas is working because I use it in my studio all the time getting audio into the Mac and can even get audio back to mixer from the Mac so I know the audio is working bi directionally.
Thanks for the help
Hey, I dont know the answer to your issue but, I also am on an Older Mac Pro stuck at OSX 10.11.6. its sucks huh! I am always running into software isse, outdated or cant update to software since they use later OS. I tried to use websockets plug into to use stream deck or even the iphone app Touch Portal and it crashes my OBS. also the iphone camera app OBS Camera,, that plug in crashes OBS. 24.0.6. Have you found any work around for some of my issues?