Question / Help OBS for Mac missing features

Omarino99

I've seen many tutorials on YouTube to setup OBS with all the Twitch stuff (follower notifications ecc) but when I open OBS on my Mac there are sooo many missing features, for instance the selection of a display portion, and most of the settings are missing. Are those features going to be added in the future?

mrasmus

Forum Moderator
Yes.

Eventually all the features from OBS1 (and more) are planned for the rewrite. Old plugins, etc., will need to be re-written for the new version, so not everything you've seen will be relevant, but the plan is to reach parity within the core application.

Omarino99

Yes.

Eventually all the features from OBS1 (and more) are planned for the rewrite. Old plugins, etc., will need to be re-written for the new version, so not everything you've seen will be relevant, but the plan is to reach parity within the core application.
The Windows version has OBS4?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
OBS1 is shorthand for the original OBS (which is currently at version 0.625b). OBS Multiplatform, aka OBS2, aka OBS Studio, is what the Mac version is based on, and uses an entirely new code base, which is why it is missing a lot of features.