Question / Help OBS Focusrite Saffire Pro40 firewire support

laex_lex

Hey,

can someyone help me with my Saffire Pro 40 Firewire Interface on Mac?
i want to Stream my microphone with that interface but it does not work
In the OBS Settings the "Saffire" is shown up, but if I choose it, no signal comes through it.

System: OSX Sierra

jhodges72

Hey,

can someyone help me with my Saffire Pro 40 Firewire Interface on Mac?
i want to Stream my microphone with that interface but it does not work
In the OBS Settings the "Saffire" is shown up, but if I choose it, no signal comes through it.

System: OSX Sierra

I had the same issue. After several hours, I figured it out.

Option #1: Download Loopback. Costs $99. Within 2 minutes you'll be up and running.
https://rogueamoeba.com/loopback/

Option #2: Download Blackhole. Costs nothing. Within 10-15 minutes you'll be up and running.
https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole

Those are the only two options I've found that allows OBS to recognize the Saffire 40 Pro. Both come with instructions. I've used both, but wasn't interested in paying $99 for a simple audio program to accomplish one task, so I currently use Blackhole. There's a few milliseconds of latency when monitoring the audio with headphones plugged into the Pro 40. I haven't figured that out yet, but it's de minimis.

Here's what my paths looks like:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.02.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.02.38 AM.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 559
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.05.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.05.10 AM.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 548
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.06.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.06.25 AM.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 499
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.06.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.06.57 AM.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:

LashMarash

BTW I MANAGED TO REDUCE THE MONITORING LATENCY BY SELECTING OBS>SETTINGS>AUDIO> ADVANCED>MONITORING DEVICE>SAFFIRE

Travis098

I had the same issue. After several hours, I figured it out.

Option #1: Download Loopback. Costs $99. Within 2 minutes you'll be up and running.

Option #2: Download Blackhole. Costs nothing. Within 10-15 minutes you'll be up and running.

Those are the only two options I've found that allows OBS to recognize the Saffire 40 Pro. Both come with instructions. I've used both, but wasn't interested in paying $99 for a simple audio program to accomplish one task, so I currently use Blackhole. There's a few milliseconds of latency when monitoring the audio with headphones plugged into the Pro 40. I haven't figured that out yet, but it's de minimis.

Here's what my paths looks like:

How did you get this to work?

I have the same rig but have no luck.

Any thoughts?

sunnsetter

hey so this is great, solution helped me get the audio into obs and i can monitor through OBS

BUT this may be sound like a noob i am confused about how to now use my interface normally like i want to be able to monitor logic seperately and i dont know how to send a signal so that i can hear audio the way i normally would without having to monitor through OBS I go to system preferences/ audio/ and switch it saffire, aggrgate device, blackhole and all of the above and i cant hear anything. So this has solved one problem for me but made a much larger one lol.

could someone please explain to me how i can resolve this?

MJX

Man, I was really hopeful for this, but its not working for me.

I am also running 10.13.6. I have tried blackhole. Focusrite seems to recommend a similar piece of software called iShow U, same result. I also have it hardwired for loopback, but thats not working either. I just can't get any audio output. I am so confused. Can anyone offer more help?

MJX

Man, I was really hopeful for this, but its not working for me.

I am also running 10.13.6. I have tried blackhole. Focusrite seems to recommend a similar piece of software called iShow U, same result. I also have it hardwired for loopback, but thats not working either. I just can't get any audio output. I am so confused. Can anyone offer more help?
Ha, update...I double checked all my I/O assignments, and it seems to be routing ok now. The only problem now is my Gtr signal has some gnarly latency. I reduced the buffer as low as it will go. Not sure how to solve that one now...

[CITA = "jhodges72, publicación: 444242, miembro: 236652"]
Tuve el mismo problema. Después de varias horas, lo descubrí.

Opción # 1: Descargar Loopback. Cuesta $ 99. En 2 minutos estará listo y funcionando.

Opción # 2: Descargar Blackhole. No cuesta nada Dentro de 10-15 minutos estarás en funcionamiento.

Esas son las dos opciones únicas que encontraron que permite a OBS reconocer el Saffire 40 Pro. Ambos vienen con instrucciones. Usó ambos, pero no estaba interesado en pagar $ 99 por un programa de audio simple para realizar una tarea, por lo que actualmente utiliza Blackhole. Hay unos pocos milisegundos de latencia al monitorear el audio con los auriculares conectados al Pro 40. Todavía no lo he descubierto, pero es de minimis.

Así es como se ve mi camino:
[/ CITAR]

[QUOTE = "LashMarash, publicación: 444953, miembro: 237068"]
Después de muchos días de batallas con OBS, Loopback, Logic Pro y my Liquid Saffire 56, este ha sido el truco. ¡GRACIAS!

View attachment 53082
[/CITAR]
LashMarash, gracias por compartir. LLevo dos días intentando con diferentes programas, BlackHole, Ishow U, Sondflower y no he conseguido hacer sonar Logic en OBS. Cuando estaba en High Sierra funcionó con BlackHole y ahora en Mojave ha dejado de funcionar. No quiero arriesgarme a gastarme 99€ en LoopBack porque no se si va a funcionar. Gracias por tu ayuda de antemano. Perdón por no hablar en inglés. Un abrazo

agastacy

Hey folks, I'm freaking out :), I'm trying to get sound from my focusrite Saffire Pro 40 (two of them, connected via adat) into obs for using it on twitch to stream the weekly session of my band. I would like to get (up to) 16 channels into obs, tried different things also using blackhole 16ch but it haven't worked yet. Can someone please tell me if this is possible and how to set everything up? Here are some screenshots, perhaps u can tell me what to choose, best regards

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 23.24.47.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 23.24.47.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 23.25.28.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 23.25.28.png
    80 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 23.39.05.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 23.39.05.png
    299.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 23.39.42.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 23.39.42.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 23

theotherkiwi

It depends on where you want to connect audio. The Focusrite Saffire sound cards have a loopback function that allows a DAW to capture system audio so when you play audio from an app or the browser for example, can capture that in the DAW however there are situations where this setting is not respected because the application can't be configured to use the "hardware" loopback audio interface and I think OBS may be one of them. In the first instance through, configure the loopback settings in Saffire MixControl app first and if no luck try Blackhole or Rogue Amoeba Loopback software.

P.S.
If Blackhole is configured as MacOS default audio out then select Blackhole as the audio interface in OBS (your first screenshot shows this is not selected)