OBS Features

GamerJohnL

I just have one question about OBS. I know you can use it to broadcast video games. What about Livestreams of yourself like broadcasting to LiveMe? Is that possible?

GamerJohnL

What if I just wanted to scream me talking instead of doing a video game? Also, I’m using a Windows 10 Pc not a Mac.

koala

OBS has a huge number of source types. As long as the stuff you want to stream can be captured by the means of one of the possible sources, and as long as the streaming service you intend to stream to supports one of the output methods of OBS (rtmp and virtual webcam), OBS is able to do this.
It is perfectly possible to not stream a game but capture a webcam instead. You can also capture both or something completely different such as a video game console or dslr by the use of a hdmi capture device.

Sources list and guide:

gradnjihgl

OBS has a huge number of source types. As long as the stuff you want to stream can be captured by the means of one of the possible sources, and as long as the streaming service you intend to stream to supports one of the output methods of OBS (rtmp and virtual webcam), OBS is able to do this.
It is perfectly possible to not stream a game but capture a webcam instead. You can also capture both or something completely different such as a video game console or dslr by the use of a hdmi capture device.

Sources list and guide:

Thank you for the explanation. It is clear for me.