Question / Help OBS Fails to load gives "Unhandled exception: c0000005"

c3r1c3

Seems to be an issue with AMD's VCE. Turn it off/don't use it/try different settings.

If OBs Studio doesn't open up, go to the search box and type in %appdata%, hit enter, find the OBS-studio folder and rename it obs-studio-old.

Madmightywhitey

so i tried changing the name but it still crashed. I looked up AMD VCE and it appears to be a new set of code changes but couples with a software I don't even have. Bottom line is I could find anything online about turning it off nor any setting on AMD control panel. I did find this post but it did'nt help me fix the issue. Sheds some light on it tho. Thanks for the help so far.
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-branch-with-amd-vce-support.13996/

Madmightywhitey

Thank you for your suggestion, it went smoothly but did not resolve the issue. still getting same error as before. unfortunately i'm no programmer so I have no idea how to resolve this. you guys have an awesome program here. Hopefully this will be resolved in the future. I did donate for my copy of the program. I'll keep checking back to see if this issue gets resolved. I see now that the issue is with the driver update AMD pushed. OBS stopped working about two months ago. it works fine on my Intel GPU (laptop) but I can't game on that sad little thing.