Bug Report OBS fails to load correctly

Nisengo

Hello again,

I had an issue a good while back where OBS wouldn't start up if I had any saved scenes in my configuration. It went away at the time, but it is back!

Below is the log file for one of the crashes.

OBS will sometimes crash immediately when I start it, but at other times it will load the main window and crash only when I want to modify settings.
Something that may be a factor here is that OBS seems to behave better when I haven't suspended my PC yet. It seems to work once, properly, when my PC came out of a reboot or a cold boot.
Now, I realize that the issue may as well lie with X and/or NVidia and they way they handle suspend/resume, but I would like to try here first.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2016-01-04 17-06-23.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 23

Nisengo

I have, that fixes it until I set up a scene, input (camera or mic) or streaming settings. Then it stops working again. :)

Harold

You're probably window capturing something that isn't playing nice about being captured.

Have you tried using a different capture method?

Nisengo

So far I've only tried the XComposite method, yes. Screen capture does seem to be more reliable, so thanks for that, but I'd rather not use screen capture if I can avoid it.

Is there a way to find out what exactly is failing (more verbose debugging or something like that) so that we can get the XComposite input to be a bit more capable of dealing with this?