OBS extremely slow to load

eytian

Recently, OBS started loading extremely slowly on my PC. When I launch from the taskbar, an OBS process shows up in task manager but nothing else happens. The process does not use up any CPU power and only about 50 MB of memory. Then it takes about 3-5 minutes for the actual OBS Studio program to load. If I try to open OBS again during this loading time I get a warning prompt for having multiple instances of OBS.
This isn't a hardware problem as I haven't changed hardware recently, and OBS should load fine as it is (my CPU is a Ryzen 7 2700X and OBS is installed on my pcie ssd).
I have not made any software changes other than installing a new audio plugin (ReaPlugs VST FX).
Below is a log:

koala

In your logfile is this:
16:36:51.298: [obs-ios-camera-plugin] Connecting to device 16:39:36.081: [window-capture: 'Chrome'] update settings:
This is the long delay. It is apparently caused by the obs-ios-camera-plugin.

Recently, OBS started loading extremely slowly on my PC. When I launch from the taskbar, an OBS process shows up in task manager but nothing else happens. The process does not use up any CPU power and only about 50 MB of memory. Then it takes about 3-5 minutes for the actual OBS Studio program to load. If I try to open OBS again during this loading time I get a warning prompt for having multiple instances of OBS.
This isn't a hardware problem as I haven't changed hardware recently, and OBS should load fine as it is (my CPU is a Ryzen 7 2700X and OBS is installed on my pcie ssd).
I have not made any software changes other than installing a new audio plugin (ReaPlugs VST FX).
Below is a log:

Hello there!

When comes to stream applications and any other multimedia software. I highly recommend these steps to avoid problems and lost of time and money.

1. If you have build your profiles and scenes make a back up. If you don't care what you have just go to next step.
2. Do a clean install of everything you use with OBS.
3. When you have your system running 100% perfect... Clone your C:drive with the Windows system, software and projects on it. use a SSD for that.
4. Create a restore point as second backup of the entire system
5. Done! every time you have a problem, just restore you computer to the saved point or just swap SSD in seconds.
6. Let say you don't want to deal with cloning or restore points. Just remove OBS and all it settings update the Profile and Scene backup. Re-install OBS and import the Profile and scenes.

If you still having problems, it could be your Graphics Card needs to be upgraded or SSD or hard drive is full.

I hope this helps!

YT InteractiveDNA for more.