Question / Help OBS Extreme Lagging

AlfredoC

Hi all,

I've been using OBS on and off for about a year for screen capture and never had any issues. Now I'm trying to set up my iOS phone to use as a camera source for a Periscope broadcast. Unfortunately, it seems to be extremely laggy and in slow-motion. I've had a look through a few threads on here for a fix, but nothing seems to have made any difference.

I've attached the log file, is there anything I'm overlooking? Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers!

Narcogen

Does the problem only occur when using the iOS camera plugin? In the log I see numerous instances of that plugin updating its list of available cameras, as long as notes of increasing audio buffering from that device, which usually indicates general system overload.

11:26:26.013: [obs-ios-camera-plugin] Updated device list
11:26:26.395: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 23 milliseconds (source: iOS Camera)
11:26:26.472: adding 46 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 69 milliseconds (source: iOS Camera)
11:26:26.754: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 92 milliseconds (source: iOS Camera)
11:26:26.908: adding 46 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 139 milliseconds (source: iOS Camera)
11:26:27.460: adding 46 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 185 milliseconds (source: iOS Camera)
11:26:36.609: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 208 milliseconds (source: iOS Camera)
11:26:47.423: adding 46 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 255 milliseconds (source: iOS Camera)
11:27:16.433: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 278 milliseconds (source: iOS Camera)
11:28:09.429: adding 46 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 325 milliseconds (source: iOS Camera)

AlfredoC

Thank you for the reply!
Wow, yeah it definitely looks like there's some audio issue there. The audio lagged like hell during the tests too.

As another test I tried using the Window Capture of a random hd youtube video, and it also lagged. Finally I tried using the Display Capture function and that seemed fine.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling the laptop I'm using isn't up to the task. I'm going to test it on my home PC this evening to compare results.