OBS "ENCODER OVERLOADED" Issue with new computer

fieldgoal00

I just built a new computer for gaming/streaming concurrently. My build consists of :
I7-10700k OC'd to 4.8GHZ
GTX-1080TI
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 3466MHZ
ASUS ROG HERO XII Motherboard

I'm streaming at 4500-6000KBPS @ 720P60 and will get the encoder overload alarm and this happens both when I use the NVENC (NVIDIA Card) encoder or the X264 (Software Encoder).

When I use the processor I never see the CPU usage above 20%, when using the NVENC option I do see the graphics card get to 98% some times.

I thought my processor would be capable of handling gaming & streaming if my graphics card could not.

Gameplay is Destiny 2 @ 1080P144 with my gaming monitor locked to 144HZ and my second monitor is just a plain 1080P60 monitor.

Lawrence_SoCal

I recommend doing a search on these forums of issues related to having 2 different monitor refresh rates in Win10 (and recommendation to upgrade to v2004 to get around MS bug) I have no idea if this MS bug is causing your problem
I'm sure others will request you to upload OBS logs for troubleshooting

Last edited:

ColaJon

I'm using a lower spec GTX card with a single NVENC encoder. The encoder is only at about 40% when streaming 1080p30 at 6Mbps. I'm not gaming at all, but this would use different resources. So, I suspect your card is more than adequate if the system is properly configured. I don't know how to fix it, but maybe this helps move you forward a little.