Question / Help OBS Elgato HD60 on Mac

For7uneZ

Hi Guys,

I bought an Elgato HD60 when it first came out, but had too many problems trying to get it to work on a Mac, so I ended up selling it...

But now, I fancy buying one again, but only if OBS supports it on a Mac, which it could not before. Is it now possible?

Even when I put Windows on my mac before, and used OBS with it, I kept getting a delay between voice/webcam and gameplay.

Are these problems now ironed out?

dping

Hi Guys,

I bought an Elgato HD60 when it first came out, but had too many problems trying to get it to work on a Mac, so I ended up selling it...

But now, I fancy buying one again, but only if OBS supports it on a Mac, which it could not before. Is it now possible?

Even when I put Windows on my mac before, and used OBS with it, I kept getting a delay between voice/webcam and gameplay.

Are these problems now ironed out?

OBS now has OBS MP. I will move your post to that forums, unless you are talking about bootcamp which could cause the issue you are talking about.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Not really. The only way to bring the Elgato into OBS is to run it in the Elgato software and capture it with Display capture.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Maybe if you use Window capture, but Display capture tends to perform better.

Honestly you might be better off getting something like the Magewell XI100DUSB-HDMI if all you need is HDMI input.