Question / Help OBS drops to 9fps but minecraft is fine?

ImDapper

This is new, i used to be able to streaming minecraft fine in fullscreen and now im having this problem. When i stream minecraft obs drops to like 9 fps but it works fine at 60 for fortnite, csgo, and blacksquad? The log is attached.

Attachments

• 2018-02-23 05-14-48.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 14

SumDim

Just something I want to point out:

05:15:29.476: video settings reset:
05:15:29.476: base resolution: 1920x1080
05:15:29.476: output resolution: 128x128
05:15:29.476: downscale filter: Bicubic

I've seen several posts where the output resolution is being set to 128x128. Do you recall if you intentionally set it to this size?

A Google of this seems to show there is a pattern showing output failure. I'm wondering if there is a bug somewhere:
https://goo.gl/H5uRKR

Osiris

It is set to 128x128 during the auto configuration wizard and set back to the original after testing.

You want to limit the fps in Minecraft as to not cause it to use all GPU power available.

ImDapper

What I did during the stream is I set it to multiple resolutions to see how they would run. My bad let me get a new log for you.

SumDim

@Osiris 128x128 good to know.

ImDapper, your log shows OBS cannot generate video output fast enough because your GPU is getting slaughtered.
19:39:10.249: Output 'simple_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 2484 (59.7%)

Many things can be causing this including:
- You are not using the current GPU drivers - go update
- There are other applications running that are GPU intensive - shut them down
- The game you are playing is GPU intensive leaving very little room for OBS to operate - turn OBS preview off, run your browser with streaming admin panel on another computer
- The game settings you are using is too high - tweak them to much lower settings
- Your GPU is too slow to handle both game playing and streaming - you may need a better graphics card
- The number of frames you want to generate is much too high for game playing and streaming - turn FPS down to 30, 45 and test
- The resolution you are targeting is much too high for game playing and streaming - 1280x720 should be fine for your system

I'll leave it there for you to tinker with your computer to fix.

ImDapper

@Osiris 128x128 good to know.

ImDapper, your log shows OBS cannot generate video output fast enough because your GPU is getting slaughtered.
19:39:10.249: Output 'simple_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 2484 (59.7%)

Many things can be causing this including:
- You are not using the current GPU drivers - go update
- There are other applications running that are GPU intensive - shut them down
- The game you are playing is GPU intensive leaving very little room for OBS to operate - turn OBS preview off, run your browser with streaming admin panel on another computer
- The game settings you are using is too high - tweak them to much lower settings
- Your GPU is too slow to handle both game playing and streaming - you may need a better graphics card
- The number of frames you want to generate is much too high for game playing and streaming - turn FPS down to 30, 45 and test
- The resolution you are targeting is much too high for game playing and streaming - 1280x720 should be fine for your system

I'll leave it there for you to tinker with your computer to fix.
The Thing is my game is running Fortnite, CSGO, and Blacksquad just fine. Those games are way more GPU intensive