obs drops to 0 bitrate (comcast isp)

iplayinsd

having the same issue it seems alot of people on here are having, but i never see a solution or the issue seemed to be resolved without the WIKI of "dropped frames" being linked, been streaming since 2015 so obs is not new to me. recently had my comcast speeds upgraded to gig-speeds(30 upload) because ive been fighting internet issues since pre covid. issue seemed to resolve it self after awhile but after 20+ techs being here, blaming my router and telling me "the speeds look fine" this intermittent upload issue isnt going away. i cant even stream for 1 hour without have 5+ disconnect/reconnects, its getting out of hand.. anyone with this issue and comcast have a solution or can point me in the right direction, ive ran pingplotter and ive pointed out to comcast that 2 "hops" or ip's that i rely to are dropping 80% packets and they tell me "thats irrelevant".. im lost

PaiSand

They tell you the speed is fine but they're not measuring rtmp protocol.
If your streaming to twitch, use this tool to check the quality of your internet connection against twitch servers:
Anything bellow 90 quality is bad and most probably an issue in the ISP.

Also, please restart OBS and perform a test stream of at least 30 seconds, preferably until the issue happens, doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

iplayinsd

10k bitrate, 100 quality to the 2 servers i have used since 2015.. again, i have had 20 techs out here in the past month, they literally are only trained to tighten splitters, and run speed tests, and only bring up "you're getting the gig speed you pay for" always leaving out the upload speed that is required for streaming. when my son brings up streaming and ping plotter tests, its always, "well thats irrelevant" ive begged them to send someone to check the node or even go further, the pingplotter shows 80% packetloss off 2 hops and they still refuse to see an issue because its intermittent and not a complete drop of internet

iplayinsd

this was the latest attempt to stream, solid 6500 and then drops to 0 for 15 seconds, shoots up to 20000 and then back to 0 all while disconnecting and trying to reconnect

Attachments

• 2022-12-07 06-11-16.txt
    137.7 KB · Views: 15

PaiSand

Please review and follow directions and recommendations on the analizer, specially the KillerNIC one.

Once you corrected and cleared all the issues shown on the analyzer (please follow the Killer NIC one) the issue persists, well, you have to keep calling your ISP regarding this, sue them (abuse of dominant position) or change ISP. Not much anyone can do if this ISP refuses to solve an issue on their network.
I can chose from 3 different ISPs on my zone, so they keep the service healty. The problem on your zone may be a monopoly where the abuse of dominant position is normalized.

iplayinsd

i literally only have comcast in my area, been with them for 30 years now, they are a monopoly in my area. not much we can do with that, either have them and shit internet or no internet.. as for the killer nic, i tried to download just the driver only and also ran the killer softwareuninstaller and it removed any trace of killer network yet obs still shows the killer nic. so for that im all out of ideas for!