OBS Drive me crazy. Not showing aplications and folders i see them on start bar only

SikretBabka

Hi Guys, My obs is taking screen from my gaming computer. But I see only a desktop. When i open something on my gaming pc, on my streaming pc start bar show that I opened something
For example: I open a folder on a game pc, obs show me only on start bar that the folder is opened. I cant even see a mouse cursor in obs taken screen. Its like something is blocking content.
Example 2: I open a game on my gaming pc, in obs i see only on stat bar that the game is opened. Desktop is frozen, shows me only my wall paper.
On photos you can see i open a microsoft edge on my gaming pc but in obs i see only its opened on start bar.

Im using a cheap card to taking a video from my gaming pc, but still i dont think its a card problem. Im thinking that windows 11 is blocking something.
Gaming pc have win11
Streaming pc have win 10

sorry for my language im trying my best to make it clear.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230406_210121_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230406_210121_Gallery.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20230406_210043_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230406_210043_Gallery.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 36

SikretBabka

To my Polish friends:

Problem polega na tym że niby przechwytuje ten obraz z gamingowego komputera. Niby wszystko działa ale jak coś robię na gamingowym komputerze to nie widać tego na streamie, widać np. Na pasku startu że odpaliłem aplikacje ale nie widać zawartości, widać tylko pulpit.
Przykład: Odpalam folder na gamingowym, to na streamie nie widać tego, widac tylko na pasku startu że folder został otworzony.

SikretBabka

ON my gaming pc I open a microsoft edge but on my stream pc i see only on start bar that is opened

Maybe now will be clear

Attachments

• Stream.jpg
    Stream.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Gaming pc.jpg
    Gaming pc.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 23

koala

If you use a capture device to capture your gaming PC, it appears as additional monitor on that PC. Everything you display on that new monitor is captured by the capture device. However, if you don't also connect an actual real monitor to the capture device (better capture devices also have HDMI output jacks to enable you to connect a monitor), you will see whatever is on that monitor only on the computer the capture device is built in (or connected with USB).

So this is probably what happened for you:
You started Edge on your gaming PC, which is now visible on your primary monitor. But it's not visible on the capture device, because that's an additional monitor, with the Windows desktop extended.
Try moving some app from the primary monitor to the left or to the right - you will see how it will appear on the capture card.
You can also configure Windows to mirror the actual monitor and the capture card. Go to Windows settings->System->Display.

SikretBabka

If you use a capture device to capture your gaming PC, it appears as additional monitor on that PC. Everything you display on that new monitor is captured by the capture device. However, if you don't also connect an actual real monitor to the capture device (better capture devices also have HDMI output jacks to enable you to connect a monitor), you will see whatever is on that monitor only on the computer the capture device is built in (or connected with USB).

So this is probably what happened for you:
You started Edge on your gaming PC, which is now visible on your primary monitor. But it's not visible on the capture device, because that's an additional monitor, with the Windows desktop extended.
Try moving some app from the primary monitor to the left or to the right - you will see how it will appear on the capture card.
You can also configure Windows to mirror the actual monitor and the capture card. Go to Windows settings->System->Display.
Yea its like you said, i can move apps form gamer monitor to the ringh and a folder appear on streame monitor (in obs). So.... my question is what I have to do, to MAKE mirror of my game pulpit, that all i do on my gamer computer will appear on the stream?

koala

As I wrote above in my last sentence: You can configure Windows to mirror the actual monitor and the capture card. Go to Windows settings->System->Display.