Bug Report OBS Doesnt revert settings

Mr_AJ_Naz

I've encountered problems with obs studio not applying settings in cpu presets and now audio.

First with the presets which isnt in the log files for this one. (Im reporting the audio one mainly)

In the past I've tested which cpu presets my pc can encode without giving me the, "encoding overloaded, try a faster cpu preset." The slowest I've tried was Slow, I got the notification and the stream looked like it was dropping frames. So I start dialing back, from medium, fast etc etc. and I'm still getting the encoding overloaded problem. Until I hit stop stream and restart it will finally apply the settings I put in.

Now today I feel like I came across the same problem, but with audio. I set hotkeys to each track. Mic, Music, and Game capture audio. I muted and unmuted a lot today but checking back in the vod I realized those changes never took affect. Even tho obs showed me audio is being sent and recieved, and each track was unmuted.

Heres the obs logs from today when this problem occured. I dont care much for the cpu encoding problem as I just stick with medium now and never change it.

Attachments

• 2018-04-17 13-52-49.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 1

Mr_AJ_Naz

false alarm, i remembered I went into advanced audio options during the stream to look for an echo problem I had the day before. I then took a lot of tracks off of 1 forgetting that all my sound sources have to be on track 1 if I want to output correctly. I meant to separate some tracks for later if I need to edit the sounds.

*the cpu encoding presets not reverting back to faster ones is still an issue and ill have to recreate that with a local recording and repost the log.