OBS doesn't record from latest Chrome (86) when any window is maximised

obsflower

So this is a strange issue.

I record a webcam from Chrome browser using Window Capture (it's a Discord video popout window). I'm using WIndows 7 64-bit with OBS latest version.

So recently, Chrome automatically updated to version 86. Prior to that update, OBS worked fine and I could record the Discord video popout window just fine.

But since Chrome 86, the webcam only shows in OBS if there are no maximised windows open. If I open a new window and it's not maximised, OBS continues to show the Discord popout and records it. But as soon as I maximise any window, OBS no longer shows the Discord popout so I cannot record it.

Just to restate that - if there are no maximised windows open, OBS shows the Discord popout window and it records just fine. But if any open windows are maximised, OBS stops showing the Discord popout window and I cannot record.

So if I open Outlook maximised, or Notepad and then maximise, or Chrome and then maximise, or even the OBS window itself - if I maximise any one window, OBS stops showing the Discord popout window and I cannot record.

And this only started with Chrome 86. I reverted back to Chrome 85 and disabled Chrome updates and OBS works fine even if all windows are maximised so it's definitely a problem with Chrome 86 compatibility.

I use WIndows 7, 1280 x 720 screen resolution (HDMI) and I use 125% font size in Windows. I cannot include a log file because I had to restore a previous TrueImage backup and since restoring that, I have been using Chrome 85 so that I can record with OBS.

Banyarola

It may work with W7 but there could be problems with certain compatibility issue..
W7 is outdated and not safe to use...
In my opinion...