Question / Help OBS does not see black magic webpresenter?

Bnoel3414

I’m using the blackmagic webpresenter with the obs drivers already installed in the webpresenter itself, but obs does not see the webpresenter. I’m new to live-streaming so I’m wondering what I need to do to get this working, I need this up and running as I have a major event coming up and they want to livestream if possible. Any help,is much appreciated.

pkv

Developer
it will appear as a regular Video Capture device presumably since it works like a webcam.
Can't say for sure, i've only used it on windows where it gets recognized without hassle.

Harold

The web presenter isn't part of the decklink, ultrastudio or intensity lines, so it won't show up as a blackmagic device in OBS.

Bnoel3414

Im still not having any luck with blackmagic webpresenter. I cannot seem to get it to work on my new Mac and it has problems working on my two Windows laptops. On the laptops i get a black screen, but i understand that is do to the laptops themselves. Any help on getting this blackmagic up and running at least on my Mac would be greatly appreciated.

pkv

Developer
can you check if other apps can get the webpresenter ? skype for instance, hangouts ,etc ? if they can't then the issue is very likely on the side of the camera. Not all cam /dlsr are compatible, I guess. Blackmagic does not say on its website devices might be unsupported. So it's just a guess on my part from using a similar device, the elgato cam link which also exposes cams/dlsr as UVC devices. There are incompatible devices for the latter, elgato gives a list. I haven't encountered issues though with the web presenter.

Bnoel3414

I will try that, I have been sidelined the last few weeks, seems I had a heart attack so had to get that sorted first. I will try your suggestion ad get back to you in a fwe days.