OBS Does not pick up Mic audio. Tried EVERYTHING but nothing seems to help.

Richard88

Dear support,

I've updated my Mac computer to it's latest version now (Catalina 10.15.7)
The problem i experience is that when i run OBS (also the latest version) that it does not pick up the sound from my microphone.
I run my mic true an external sound-card (Focusrite Clarett 4 Pro), It is a condensor mic and yes, the phantom power is turned on.
I see that my mic works perfectly on other programs such as logic or i can see in the general audio settings that it picks up the sound.
I've researched every video on youtube but could not find a solution to fix this issue.

Is there a way to solve this?

I don't understand why is it so hard to connect audio from a mic to OBS?

Hope someone could reach out !

Thanks!

Just in case, have you tried using that sound card and mic on a non DAW program (Quicktime or Audacity) ? Or in a Video Conferencing Software (Zoom, Google Meet, etc) ? I have read somewhere that OBS only pickup the first two output and they have to be non ASIO output.

hakihaki95

Are you using blackhole(https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole) or some other audio driver
If you don't use them, you need to use them.
If you are using them, I think that I met same problem of yours yesterday.
I am using Big Sur 11.5.2(M1) and Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB
The sound of MainStage worked. and OBS out also worked.
But I could't listen to any sound from Clarett 4 Pre USB. but, the speaker of Mac worked
I tried everything.
And I found "new update of Focusrite Control" 3.7.4.1943
I installed that driver.
and I changed Sample rate and something.
then the problem solved
Good luck to you!

Last edited:

Richard88

Are you using blackhole(https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole) or some other audio driver
If you don't use them, you need to use them.
If you are using them, I think that I met same problem of yours yesterday.
I am using Big Sur 11.5.2(M1) and Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB
The sound of MainStage worked. and OBS out also worked.
But I could't listen to any sound from Clarett 4 Pre USB. but, the speaker of Mac worked
I tried everything.
And I found "new update of Focusrite Control" 3.7.4.1943
I installed that driver.
and I changed Sample rate and something.
then the problem solved
Good luck to you!
Hello, Thank you for replying to my message! i've really appreciate it man. So i tried everything and i found the solution.
When i switched my XLR cable, which was plugged in into my Focusrite on port 3, to Port 1 it suddenly worked...
Very strange! I don't know why, it should work on every port but it didn't. But anyways, now everything works perfectly. Thanks anyway !

Regards Richard

Richard88

Just in case, have you tried using that sound card and mic on a non DAW program (Quicktime or Audacity) ? Or in a Video Conferencing Software (Zoom, Google Meet, etc) ? I have read somewhere that OBS only pickup the first two output and they have to be non ASIO output.
Hello, Thanks for replying ! Iv'e found the issue.

Regards !