Question / Help OBS does not capture ScrbleInk drawing program.

N7TWL

ScrbleInk is an ink drawing program that I use with my digital pad and stylus. However, OBS does not show it, yet, other ink drawing program show ok. Since I teach math, the drawing program is used like I would use a whiteboard in the classroom. As near as I can tell, there is nothing unusual about ScrbleInk. It's free from Microsoft Store if someone would be willing to try it.

FerretBomb

Many UWP programs (Microsoft Store) are not able to be captured properly due to the DRM protections Microsoft wraps them in by default. Some games can be captured correctly if OBS is installed to the default directory, but AFAIK Window Capture-required applications will not work. Again, Microsoft doing Microsoft things. I believe you can use a Display Capture if you need that specific program, but finding an alternative non-MS Store app would probably be a 'cleaner' solution, until Microsoft decides to stop messing around.

N7TWL

I must apologize for such a late response to your reply. I did not see it until now. I very much appreciate you explaining the reason to me. I had no idea that DRM "feature" was available.