obs display input cannot be set in Mac 10.15.7.

kevinisback

Mac 10.15.7, after downloading and installing OBS, display input cannot be set, there is no properties there to choose. can someone help on this? ( I read previous threads but It does not help)

bichuelo

Same situation here, running macOS 11.2 and OBS 26.1.2

Works fine on the same OBS version on macOS 10.13.6

kevinisback

Same situation here, running macOS 11.2 and OBS 26.1.2

Works fine on the same OBS version on macOS 10.13.6
Hi, Bichuelo, thanks for sharing. I thought there may be issue after OS 10.15 to support this. there is a post in 2019 advising OBS 24 fixed the issue but suspect it works for OS version back that time.

bichuelo

I just found out what was wrong! The privacy settings in Big Sur are different and you need to give permission to OBS to record your screen, once you do it, it works fine

Sorry if this doesn't apply exactly, my computer is in Spanish: Preferencias del Sistema -> Seguridad y privacidad -> Privacidad -> checkmark OBS
Done :D

kevinisback

I just found out what was wrong! The privacy settings in Big Sur are different and you need to give permission to OBS to record your screen, once you do it, it works fine

Sorry if this doesn't apply exactly, my computer is in Spanish: Preferencias del Sistema -> Seguridad y privacidad -> Privacidad -> checkmark OBS
Done :D
Hi Bro, May I ask one more question on the display capture size. every time I open OBS the display size is just part of the screen, so I had to manually adjust to source input every single time I open it. is there any place I can set this "adjust to source input" by default? Many Thanks