OBS Display Capture in CS2 too bright

nasir91

So I started having an issue with OBS when recording CS2 through display capture (haven't had this issue before, so idk what changed). The problem I'm having is that when using display capture and having Counter-Strike 2 on fullscreen the game looks like crap (overly bright etc). When running windowed fullscreen it looks normal so idk whats the problem. I've checked if HDR is enabled and also double-checked that color range is on FULL, tried also disabling different overlays (Steam, AMD Adrenaline etc) without success.

My specs:
Ryzen 5800X3D
6800 XT running 23.11.1
32 gb ram
Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.2134

Video showcasing the problem:

Here is how it's supposed to look:

Error log:

PS: I did set it to 'limited' earlier and it still didnt fix the problem

nasir91

Anyone? If I run CS2 in fullscreen windowed it looks normal, but the gameplay recording is not as smooth as when I run it in fullscreen exclusive.

Stabbyhobo

Any traction on this? I'm having the same issue with CS2. On the desktop everything is normal, bring the game up and the preview in OBS becomes very washed out. This happens only with CS2 in fullscreen, but the game becomes too choppy to stream when in windowed for some reason despite high fps.

OBS ver 30

5800X3D
6700XT (23.12.1)
Win 10

I can provide further logs n such if desired but screenshots would look exactly as nasir91 has posted.

Stabbyhobo

OBS Logs

A screenshot of what the game looks like on stream:

H7iwq9u.png

I don't have an HDR monitor (HDR off), color space set to 709, color range Limited.

PaiSand

The only thing I can think of is that your monitor have the bright way down so you turned the game brigth high.
I have 2 display monitors, one have contrast at 100 and bright to 50 (a little older samsung) and the main one contrast 60, brigth 100 (less old samsung)
Of course the game goes on the main monitor.

It could also be a setting on AMD GPU driver

nasir91

Monitor is fine, this only happens in CS2 and all other games work normal. Display capture works perfect on fullscreen window but looks washed out with fullscreen exclusive.

davidgeorge97

Hello, don't know if you solve it or not, I did encountered the same problem, after searching and trying everything, nothing worked, but as soon as I unchecked the "disable fullscreen optimization" on cs2 executable, solved the problem for me. Hope it does the same to you.
Good luck!

ADARIYA

Hello, don't know if you solve it or not, I did encountered the same problem, after searching and trying everything, nothing worked, but as soon as I unchecked the "disable fullscreen optimization" on cs2 executable, solved the problem for me. Hope it does the same to you.
Good luck!
Hi, thank you so much it work for me!