OBS crashing (incl. safe mode) when I pop-out a dock

Imaginewizard

To my recollection, I've not made any updates or changes to my OBS since the last time I used it, however since yesterday, if I pop out any dock, the software immediately crashes, prompting the 'OBS has crashed' pop-up asking me if I want to save the crash log. This pop-up also immediately freezes, so I can't actually press 'yes' or 'no', although the crash log saves anyway - usually in a few seconds OBS will just terminate automatically, sometimes I need to kill it in task manager.

This happens even on safe mode, so does not appear to be due to a plugin. Also, as long as I don't pop-out a dock, everything works fine in normal mode - I was able to stream fine yesterday, I just couldn't pop my audio dock out as I usually do so I can monitor levels on a different screen. Closing and reopening a dock is fine. Window projector works fine. Resizing docks is fine.

Only other factor is when I booted yesterday, none of my Atium vertical stream docks were enabled, and trying to enable them crashed OBS, even though they were enabled the last time I had OBS turned on. Have not updated Atium since the last time I used OBS though and there are no updates to do. This strange behaviour would normally have me look at Atium as the cause - but as I say, in safe mode, the plugin is disabled and the issue still persists.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Crash 2024-04-19 17-40-33.txt
    150 KB · Views: 13
  • 2024-04-19 17-43-44.txt
    48 KB · Views: 8
  • 2024-04-19 17-40-53.txt
    43.1 KB · Views: 6

DopplerEffect

I am also having this exact issue. I haven't figured out how to fix it, but I did update before launching today. I don't know when the update that caused the issue was sent out, but on the most recent version this still happens.

JojoCGo

I was trying to undock my Twitch Feed and my OBS crashes as well. Crashed before and after 30.1.2 I believe.

HeyRaphi

I have the same error, but works when started as administrator. OBS 30.0.2 at the moment.

I get the following error in my log:

Code:
12:17:14.680: Failed to create D3D11 swapchain: COM error 0x80070005: Zugriff verweigert
12:17:14.680: Failed to create swapchain for window flushed with an RHI-enabled backingstore

Bmak.

Also here looking to solve this issue. Can't dock my Chat without OBS crashing, even in safe mode. OBS 30.1.2. Will try the admin mode as a temp solution but hopefully this is solved soon!