OBS Crashing EVERY Time I Attempt to Swap SCENE COLLECTIONS.

iiviigames

FIRST

Here's the crash log. (It's interactive, and may be edited by someone but hey, thats why...)

There's this one too on pastebin

The log is also attached to the post.

SECOND

Just to clear this up quickly, before there's any confusion in the two concepts:

1. Scene Collections are the things found at the top of the menu bar under "Scene Collection" and act as subgroups for organizing your streams into categorized clades. If you're into that. Which I am. These are not the things shown on screen, rather, they are the folders that hold those things.
  2. Scenes are the things which you actually add content to, and swap in between during a broadcast. They contain the video feeds and the text and the goodies

THE ISSUE
This started out of nowhere - and the only thing I can think of is that I downloaded the OBS Websocket Plugin, though I have it disabled.

I was certain it might be the scripts, but I've checked them out too, even removed them. I don't know how to fix it, and there's A LOT OF WORK in these scenes that makes me feel sick if they are gone forever.

MISCELLANEOUS
  • I can create new scenes, but not switch to them, as it causes a crash.
    • On reboot, the new scene will about 1/10 times show up when starting.
    • If I swap back to the cursed scene I'm stuck in, no crash.
    • If I pick anything else, crash.
  • If I export and import scenes into a new scenes
  • The crash log is outfitted with a chat room and allows anyone to edit it. There are backup revisions though, which are easily accessed from the top right of the page.
    • Feel free to select a color, and anything you type will be shown on the page for easy commenting.
    • We can also interact in the chat if you happen to be there at the same time as myself.

ANY HELP AT ALL WILL BE SERIOUSLY APPRECIATED.

I just made affiliate and this happened at the worst possible moment. I'd love to get it fixed .

(PS - I'm a programmer and a technically capable person, but I am stumped here. That said, please don't shy away from programming jargon or anything of the sort, I can take it - I think?)

Attachments

• Crash 2023-05-30 22-20-40.txt
    112.4 KB · Views: 7

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
The logs provided show a crash on shutdown which is common when using 3rd party plugins that leak references. Please include a crash log from the scene collection switch crash.

iiviigames

This log , I believe contains the crash. But, its just a single line at the end where it says I attempt to switch and that's all.

Attachments

• Crash 2023-05-30 23-21-34.txt
    121 KB · Views: 7