Question / Help OBS Crashing after adding browser input

Creedleboy

Hi,
I have added the browser component in one of my scenes, which contained a PDF file. I am assuming that this is the culprit and the issue I am having is that I cannot load OBS without it immediately crashing.

I have tried loading without any network resources hoping that might bypass it, however it immediately crashes on startup.
Is there a means to start with a blank setup and no sources? or is there a safe mode I can start in?

Thanks for any help you can provide as I am stuck.

K

Narcogen

You can start over by removing your ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio folder (you will lose scenes and profiles). If you know which scene collection has the issue, and you have more than one, you can delete just the broken one from ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/basic/scenes

@Creedleboy would you be able to post a log? Also which macOS version are you running? For some reason browser sources behave weirdly on macOS Mojave (i.e. the system seems to hang for 10-15 seconds when launching OBS or activating a browser source).

IPSO

Browser Sources will always crash OBS on Mac. Impossible to use.

And when you add a window source of let's say streamlabs the alerts wont show up when playing games full screen.