Question / Help OBS Crashes When Opening Filters for Any Source

KreatorKat

Hi,

I'm having an issue with OBS (Mac 21.0.2) where when I try to open the filters menu for a source, OBS immediately crashes. This issue did not occur prior to installing the most recent update, which could be the problem. I had to uninstall and reinstall OBS for a different reason today and the issue persisted after reinstalling it.

Pastebin of Crash Report: https://pastebin.com/n5fSBew6

Is this a bug or is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Thanks for the crash report, will investigate. If there's a bug here it'll be fixed and patched ASAP.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
What kind of filter are you trying to add? I am able to add filters to my sources on Mac just fine, though I have seen a few reports of crashes with filters. Does it just happen as soon as you click "Filters" from the right-click menu on a source?

aspect1995

Hah, I just wanted to report the same problem :D
I use macOS Sierra, just click filters and OBS is down.

Attachments

• 37k2pJe5.txt
    86.8 KB · Views: 46

OJ media

Same here!
Try to open filter, OBS crashes.
Help!
I use MacOS Sierra high.

Attachments

• OBS.pdf
    18.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Brad King

also having this problem.
trying to change song lyrics to scrolling in filters and it just crashes straight away.
macOS High Sierra, OBS 21.0.2

Attachments

• obs crash.pdf
    37.1 KB · Views: 38

KreatorKat

Sorry I didn't reply to this thread sooner; kinda forgot about haha. The crash does indeed occur as soon as I click filters in the right click menu for a source.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Please try downloading the newly release 21.0.3 hotfix (available on the updater) and see if that fixes the issue for you.

Georgina

Hello,
I'm having an issue with OBS (Mac High Sierra) when I try to open the filters menu for a source, OBS immediately crashes. This issue started just recently. I had to uninstall and reinstall OBS for a different reason today and the issue persisted after reinstalling it.
I also want to report that when I'm live streaming, the slide show, music, and prerecorded videos don't work properly -even when the internet service, bitrate and resolution are ok.
Please advise

Last edited:

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hello,
I'm having an issue with OBS (Mac High Sierra) where when I try to open the filters menu for a source, OBS immediately crashes. This issue started just recently. I had to uninstall and reinstall OBS for a different reason today and the issue persisted after reinstalling it.
I also want to report that when I'm live streaming, the slide show, music, and prerecorded videos don't work properly -even when the internet service, bitrate and resolution are ok.
Please advise
The first issue might be a Qt bug. We're trying to sort that out. If you're feeling adventurous, you can test the current macOS nightly build to see if this crash still occurs on that version.

The second issue is unrelated, and should probably be posted as its own thread to avoid pinging thread participants here about it.

Georgina

Thank you RytoEX... I tested the currcent macOS nightly build and it's not working.
I can't apply filters. I can't use the source "browser"... it's just getting worse.
Hope you fix the bug soon : )

Phantomime

I am having similar issues with OBS version 23.0.1 on Windows, and it only happens to the compressor:

Deleting compressor crashes OBS; after restart, filter is still there.
Adding compressor crashes OBS; after restart, filter is not added
Trying to move the compressor up or down the list crashes OBS.

Just got notified that version 23.1 is out, but changelog doesn't mention the issue or a fix.
Any ideas out there?