Bug Report OBS crashes when I go to settings

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
If OBS is really crashing, it'll display a message box with the error message "Woops, OBS has crashed!" It will also produce a crash log in this directory: %AppData%\obs-studio\crashes

If you have a crash log for this, please upload it.

Someone more familiar with AMD/APU systems can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your system is too weak to run OBS properly.

Suslik V

If you can run OBS Studio, then open main menu File>Show Settings Folder navigate to crashes folder and upload/attach all available crash logs, please.

Anyway, high end PC recommended.

Green Dumpling

My issue is that whenever I get to settings, it'll FREEZE instead of crash, that is why if I go to crash log folder, it won't show anything because it doesn't crash. Until today I still haven't found a solution.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
If it's freezing, you can use task manager to find the obs64.exe process, right click and "create dump" to create a crash dump. That can then be zipped and uploaded to the forum or a file sharing site.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
That's still a regular log file.

Please provide the relevant crash log(s) for your issue. Press WinKey+R or go to Start > Search and type %APPDATA%\obs-studio\crashes and then press enter. If you're in the right folder, and crash logs exist, the filenames will start with the word "Crash". Find the log with most recent timestamp on it and upload that.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
That's a crash in the AMD AMF encoder plugin. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with that plugin, or AMD stuff in general, to identify the exact cause of the crash. I'll see if I can find someone familiar with that plugin to take a look.

In the meantime, I'd suggest working through @Xaymar's troubleshooting guide for that plugin. If following the guide completely to the end doesn't fix the problem, fill out an issue report on that GitHub repository.

Last edited: