Question / Help OBS Crashes on start up

Benjamin Solah

Downloaded the new update, version 22.0.2 on both my Macbook Air and my iMac 27" and on both systems, OBS crashes as soon as I've opened it. It doesn't even give me an option to save a crash log or reopen.

TheDolv

Happens to me to after Updating from Help > Search for Updates or whatever it was called (can't check since OBS crashes on launch).

RizzleGames

I have also had the same issue as well. I just updated my computer and abs application and it crashed on start up. Please help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 5.14.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 5.14.41 PM.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 34

Orsuna

Experiencing crashing on startup. attached panic log

Attachments

• OBS Crash Log.pdf
    155.2 KB · Views: 26

superbil

I run it on command line found it can't find libpython3.6m.dylib

Attachments

• obs_22.0.2.log
    2.2 KB · Views: 24

Osiris

Try creating a obs-browser folder in create obs-browser directory in ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugin_config/

Schelhas.Media

Having the same issue. Was running fine and, I think, sometime yesterday, my computer froze during streaming to youtube. I noticed a window on the desktop that there was an OBS Update. Today, I restarted the Mac Mini with El Capitan and OBS would not open. Kept giving me errors that some file(s) was missing etc. So, I deleted it from the system. Deleted the icon and app; REBOOT. Searched Library and Deleted the other files. REBOOT. Reinstalled OBS from the installer in my download folder. REBOOT. Tried to open OBS and it crashes on startup. Deleted the OBS Download from Downloads. REPEAT PREVIOUS PROCEDURES and downloaded 22.0.3. The program still crashes on startup. I run 2 Mac Minis with 2 youtube channels. I assume they both had the same OBS versions. The other mini is currently running 21.1.1. Here is my Mac Crash Report.... Report is attached s PDF as it is too lengthy to post.

This software, I am sad to say, is getting annoying. My Clients are not satisfied and we are starting to explore other options. I have had constant problems when the computers freeze or crash. Whether it is due to a power failure or other issue. When the software comes back on line, if it does, Or I restart everything, I have had to uninstall and reinstall the software. The streams will often come back but then no audio to Youtube. I have posted about that issue before and do not recall seeing any advice about what to do about that. Now this.

Attachments

• Process:               obs [526].pdf
    87 KB · Views: 18

Benjamin Solah

This software, I am sad to say, is getting annoying. My Clients are not satisfied and we are starting to explore other options. I have had constant problems when the computers freeze or crash. Whether it is due to a power failure or other issue. When the software comes back on line, if it does, Or I restart everything, I have had to uninstall and reinstall the software. The streams will often come back but then no audio to Youtube. I have posted about that issue before and do not recall seeing any advice about what to do about that. Now this.

If you've got clients that need reliable software, I'd suggest wirecast, which I've used for more professional streaming. It does cost a fair bit though. OBS is open source, and developed for the love, so as much as it's frustrating, I feel like you can't really place as many expectations on it in the same way if you'd paid for professional software.

For me, I've had less issues on my iMac and begun streaming off of that rather than my MacBook Air and it's been working fine.

Schelhas.Media

I understand your point. But, being governments and their sensitivity to budget and tax payer dollars, believe it or not, they are a bit sensitive to the cost of about $700 for Wirecast x 2 channels. That is my leaning though as it seems a very main stream choice. OBS has worked OK for me and has been encouraging compared to USTREAM which would crash every 2 to 3 days. We gave up Ustream when IBM bought them and decided to start charging $99/mo. We then switched over to Youtube and OBS has run our programming for weeks at a time before any issue, that would then, at worst, require me to uninstall it and reinstall in order to get my audio stream back. I would see the interface showing the audio levels and the output from the MacMini would work but the stream to Youtube would be gone. It was an issue that considering the cost, (FREE) was tolerable. Now, if the program won't even open, we are looking at a different issue. I will add that I am not just streaming an event or meeting.... I have been streaming a feed from our PEG (Access) channels 24/7. Well, at least until now, That is another reason for the sensitivity to cost. This is being done as a part of a Not For Profit Public Service and the budget is almost non existent. Thanks for your thoughts.