OBS Crashes on exit

Fmalan14

Every time I exit OBS it crashes, especially after I created a couple of scenes. When I launch it again and run it again ti does not crash on exit. Can someone please advise what I am doing wrong?
Here is the last crash report: https://obsproject.com/logs/SbfpphDGtWtU-c6J

Thank you

Attachments

• 2020-06-28 15-32-47.txt
    23.7 KB · Views: 12

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm a newbie, so can't help directly. However, I also have a frequent crash on exit (I have over 15 scenes). In my case, I know the issue is caused by a plug-in [remove plug-in, crashes stop]. Something to look into?

Fmalan14

I'm a newbie, so can't help directly. However, I also have a frequent crash on exit (I have over 15 scenes). In my case, I know the issue is caused by a plug-in [remove plug-in, crashes stop]. Something to look into?
Thank you. Do you know which plugin caused yours to crash on exit?

Lawrence_SoCal

For me it was Advanced Scene Switcher. Interestingly, I got a brand new PC last week (without lots of corporate security s/w, latest WIn10, etc), re-installed same plug-in version (1.6.1) and no more problems....so.... ???? I'm not sure... and at this point, don't care.. I'm good
Realistically, basic troubleshooting recommendation comes into play. Either post logs and ask for help here
OR, the DIY yourself approach of :
- Disable (remove) ALL plug-ins, then slowly add then back in to see if you can identify a culprit. Then once you think you have identified culprit, remove all but the possibly offending plug-in and test again... because it maybe an interaction and not the plugin you think it is. Rinse repeat until you figure it out.

JonB256

I'm no help deciphering the long crash reports, but I get them also, particularly after I make a LOT of changes to Scenes.
But, my changes do get saved and it doesn't crash the next time I open OBS and work with it (unless I make more large changes)
I'm not using any plug-ins and minimal filters (countdown, scrolling).