Bug Report OBS Crashes on Exit

NXR

I've had this issue happen off and on with numerous OBS releases over the years and thought it was my old PC that was running Windows 7.

Recently built a new PC in Windows 10 and the issue seems to be back.

Doesn't matter what scene I'm on or what sources I have active, upon close OBS will crash. Runs perfectly while streaming/recording but closing BOOM.

I've included the log file of the latest crash.

Really hope to figure this out, ALSO don't know if this is related but when I create a new source in a scene that source doesn't show up on the source list until I go to another scene and come back. It will appear on the preview just fine.

Attachments

• Crash 2020-05-25 10-04-46.txt
    101 KB · Views: 23

NXR

So after much Googling I found other people with the issue and no resolution.

I also so threads saying it might be media sources, so I converted all of them to WebM and the crash still happens. Again it doesn't affect anything while streaming but it's annoying that after each stream when I close OBS it crashes!

Tom Williams

I have the same thing happening but have other unpleasant bits to go with it. After the crash, coming back into OBS will often corrupt parts of the saved setup. This last sunday. It corrupted my video capture setup from the atem and the limiter filter setting. Other times. It's been audio inputs and other filters like the compressor. As a software guy, it looks to me like the program is writing out into unintended memory space such as an array overrun or a fouled pointer location. The crash is indicative of encountering illegal store values, which strengthens my prior argument. Then again, I could be full of beans.