Question / Help OBS Crashes if trying to record and stream (different resolutions)

Puppeteer

Due to low bandwidth, I need to stream at pretty low rates (am testing at 500 at 640x360), but want to record a high quality version for later editing and uploading to youtube (tried both indistinguishable and High Quality at 1280x720). I'm streaming 2 live cameras (no game) and my PC is normally up to the task (using 2 instances of the original OBS). I have a 10 Core Xeon (E5-2650 V3 @ 2.3 GHz) with an NVidia K4200.

I can record or I can stream but as soon as I press the button to start the other process OBS crashes.

I've tried both MP4 and FLV outputs and both x264 and x264 low CPU usage), but I get the same problem every time. I've attached one of my logs.

Things seem to work OK if I'm recording at the same as stream. It's only when I change the Recording Quality that the crash happens.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I'm trying to simplify the stream/record scenario and the new OBS MP looks great, if I can get it working.

Attachments

• Crash 2016-01-31 22-39-05.txt
    50.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Puppeteer

Thanks, that fixed the problem.

Do you know if there's a way to downscale just the stream, while keeping recording at higher resolution?