Bug Report OBS crashes after update to 24.0.5 (Mac, El Capitan)

Narcogen

All old releases are on GitHub, including the Mac ones. There are not Mac versions for every release though.

Narcogen

If OBS is mission critical for you, that makes sense. So much of OBS' utility is simply inaccessible on MacOS because of the lack of support for NVENC, AMF, game capture, etc.

TLF

Thanks for the link guys. In future I will use linux, but for this project I'm tied to macos. Appreciate the binary links!

zajanatural

How do I capture a game like League of Legends? When I try to do display capture, it only captures a corner of the game once it goes full screen.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
OBS Studio does not support macOS 10.11 as of 24.0.5. You can continue to use the previous version (24.0.3) but new releases will not support El Capitan. Apple has ended extended support for 10.11 and unfortunately in order to support newer releases of macOS, we can't commit to continually supporting older releases.

zajanatural

OBS Studio does not support macOS 10.11 as of 24.0.5. You can continue to use the previous version (24.0.3) but new releases will not support El Capitan. Apple has ended extended support for 10.11 and unfortunately in order to support newer releases of macOS, we can't commit to continually supporting older releases.

Who is this in reply to? I'm on Catalina 10.15.2.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
This is in reply to the OP, who is reporting an issue with El Capitan. Please post your question in your own thread instead of hijacking this one.

zappack

Thank-you. I'm locked into El Capitan with this 10 year old MacBook as Apple does not permit further OS updates. No problem. I'll stay with OBS 24.0.2 which works fine after I re-installed it. I still use this MacBook because it has a cd-rom, great keyboard, and replaceable battery (unlike later generations).

JAmedia

It says it 24.0.6 DOES support OSX 10.11 see attached screen grab of current OB front page and current (20/12/2019) system requirements page.
Something is seriously wrong if some one is changing the system requirements silently. Otherwise I am sure most of on El Capitan would not have downloaded the curremnt version. Shirley the install program should check the version of the OS BEFORE installing?

mac1011.jpg
mac1011b.jpg

Last edited:

JAmedia

Thank-you. I'm locked into El Capitan with this 10 year old MacBook as Apple does not permit further OS updates. No problem. I'll stay with OBS 24.0.2 which works fine after I re-installed it. I still use this MacBook because it has a cd-rom, great keyboard, and replaceable battery (unlike later generations).

I agree 100% re the older MacBook Pro's. I have two and a Mac Pro (sliver tower not the trash can) As noted above my next laptop is a PC running windows (waiting for Dell to deliver). A similar spec Mac would cost a lot more. However on the Dell I will be able to add more memory myself (and another 2 * 2TB M2 memory cards. ) with a 3 year on site support.

Sadly Apple have lost the plot in recent years & coupled with Abobe going Creative Cloud subscription. Another reason for El Capitain is that is AFAIK the last version that Adobe CS6 is stable on. CS6 is the last stand alone version.

It has killed Mac/Adobe as the default solution. What finally tipped it for me is this https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/ to replace the CS6 and Resolve to replace FCPX. A pity as I like FCPX but it is not on the PC.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
It says it 24.0.6 DOES support OSX 10.11 see attached screen grab of current OB front page and current (20/12/2019) system requirements page.
Something is seriously wrong if some one is changing the system requirements silently. Otherwise I am sure most of on El Capitan would not have downloaded the curremnt version. Shirley the install program should check the version of the OS BEFORE installing?

View attachment 50063View attachment 50064
Sorry, that needs to be updated on the site. I'll see if I can ping someone about it. Thanks for pointing it out.

fuxyltc

Hi if you or others wanna hold your od mac laptop, just like me and exactly for your same reasons, try have a look at this site. My machine is a 2009 MacBookPro tough, but you can search the site for your exact model. There are patchers to allow install of new versions of OSX on older machines. At least about my model everything is working perfectly right after install.

HighSierra running flawless here, tested mojave too, all ok but need to change the airport chip.
Good luck

SY256

Can you tell me why OBS continues to work flawlessly, even streaming to twitch, on my mac 10.9 which I have saved on my HD, but on my 10.11 el capitan its completely useless no matter which version I try? I have tried up to 24, the mac 10.9 version was 18. The problem is that on the newer OS it doesn't detect any audio devices available, like the dropdown for audio devices is completely blank, in OBS only, every other program I've tried to detect audio works fine. I just want to be able to stream my reaper sessions don't tell me I have to boot up the 10.9 just to do that cmon newer is supposed to be better right. I dont care that it can't get supported with further updates, but I do care that it continues to work as it was