OBS Crashed on Startup (Mac)

Foible

Self-fixed by deletion of problematic files and re-download.

Original post:

"Please Help,

I have been using obs for only about a week and it was previously working fine. I had a window mirroring an application and a window with my (iSight) camera. (I am planning on using OBS to stream.) Then, I decided to try adding another source and chose to add an internet link (youtube) to see if it would work. OBS crashed immediately. When I tried to reoopen the application it crashed again. I tried doing a complete uninstall (using appcleaner) and re-downloaded and re-installed OBS.

I tried opening the re-download OBS and it crashed again on start-up, this is the crash log."

Attachments

• crashlog.pdf
    47.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Foible

Update: I'm cleaning up my clutter of less useful posts, I assume this is the log you want.
( retrieved from ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/logs )

Attachments

• 2016-01-26 19-49-55.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Foible

I think I fixed it, my deletion of the app must have been incomplete. I simply deleted the whole folder in location: ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/logs

Last edited:

Foible

That's not the crashlog.

Well, the log I got from the HowTo sticky post is an executable file and I wasn't able to upload it to the forum.

What I originally uploaded was me copy-pasting from the apple crash report, then uploading in a format the forum accepted.

P.S. I don't know how a "crashlog" is defined.