Bug Report OBS Crash when try select x264 encoder in recording tab

ShadWolf

Run OBS with GDB in terminal, just follow these commands to get a full analytical back view of what's going on and share what it outputted;

'$' symbol annotates user shell so don't type that.
Code:
$ gdb /usr/bin/obs

once GDB has started up just simply type;

Code:
run

and this will start OBS, next do what you'd usually do in OBS reproducing the same steps, once it does crash again do the following;

Code:
backtrace full

then copy paste to github gist what it's shown you in the terminal screen. Once done simply close OBS and then type quit into the terminal, GDB will ask if you wish to terminate the process it's attached to, simply press 'y' and you're done.

ShadWolf

I would carefully go through and check you got all the right packages for OBS installed. Here's a list of dependencies for OBS

Code:
debhelper, cdbs, cmake, git, libx11-dev, libgl1-mesa-dev | libgl-dev, libpulse-dev, libxcomposite-dev, libxinerama-dev, libv4l-dev, libudev-dev, libfreetype6-dev, libfontconfig-dev, qtbase5-dev, libqt5x11extras5-dev, libx264-dev, libxcb-xinerama0-dev, libxcb-shm0-dev, libavformat-dev, libswscale-dev, libswresample-dev, libavdevice-dev, libavfilter-dev, libfdk-aac-dev, libjack-jackd2-dev, libcurl4-openssl-dev

Ivan Borisov

I would carefully go through and check you got all the right packages for OBS installed. Here's a list of dependencies for OBS

Code:
debhelper, cdbs, cmake, git, libx11-dev, libgl1-mesa-dev | libgl-dev, libpulse-dev, libxcomposite-dev, libxinerama-dev, libv4l-dev, libudev-dev, libfreetype6-dev, libfontconfig-dev, qtbase5-dev, libqt5x11extras5-dev, libx264-dev, libxcb-xinerama0-dev, libxcb-shm0-dev, libavformat-dev, libswscale-dev, libswresample-dev, libavdevice-dev, libavfilter-dev, libfdk-aac-dev, libjack-jackd2-dev, libcurl4-openssl-dev
Install all packages from this list but problem continue

I recommend building from source, this was a bug and was fixed in one of the 16.x builds but I don't think it got published in a Debian build.