OBS Could not find virtual camera after updating to 30.0.1

chrisheath

On updating OBS to the latest version, the virtual camera within OBS could not be found when clicking Start Virtual Camera.
I'm using Sonoma 14.1.2 on a Mac Studio M2 Max.

Attachments

• 2023-12-11 06-24-14.txt
    12.1 KB · Views: 381
  • 2023-12-11 06-32-32.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 142

chrisheath

On updating OBS to the latest version, the virtual camera within OBS could not be found when clicking Start Virtual Camera.
Problem solved. I replaced Version 30.0.1 with Version 30.0.0 and the virtual camera is restored and working again.

AriDublyu

Problem occurs on 30.0.2 as well (M1 Mac Mini running Sonoma 14.1.2)
Confirming this bug in 30.0.2: Virtual Camera not found. Reverted to 30.0.0 to fix the problem. Using Mac Studio M1 Max, latest OS update, Sonoma 14.1.2

iameli

Hm, I'm hitting this issue with 30.0.2 but reverting to 30.0.0 didn't fix the problem. macOS Ventura 13.5.1 (22G90)

RustyPeterson7

I have the same issue with a MacBook Pro Running M1 Max and Sonoma 14.1.2 but when I copied 30.0.0 over the 30.0.2 and restarted, it says there is no virtual camera.

I am going to delete the app and copy from my Mac Studio version 30.0.0 and see if it works then.

maik1

I had the same problem. What I found working was is to actually delete the app which removes the system extension. Then when I copied OBS into the applications folder again, installed it, it asked me to allow the system extension again in settings. That's when the virtual camera worked on the latest version. Hope this helps someone here. It seems the problem is that updating within the app does not trigger any re-registering of the system extension.

kpsupernut

I fixed this on Sonoma by toggling OBS permissions off and on again in:

System Settings>Privacy & Security>Screen & System Audio Recording

InsideRiskEG

I fixed this on Sonoma by toggling OBS permissions off and on again in:

System Settings>Privacy & Security>Screen & System Audio Recording
Thanks! I had the same issue and what you suggested worked for me (MacBook Pro / Sonoma 14.1.2). First I read your post too quickly, so I did change permissions settings for the camera and that didn't do anything (I kept getting the same message that the Virtual Camera was not available). Then I re-read your post and realized you wrote "Audio recording", which I don't see in Provacy & Security - but I have "Microphone", so I changed the settings for the Mic. Still didn't do the trick. So I restarted my Mac, relaunched OBS and it worked. I was able to stream on Zoom.

JohnyByrne

I had the same problem. What I found working was is to actually delete the app which removes the system extension. Then when I copied OBS into the applications folder again, installed it, it asked me to allow the system extension again in settings. That's when the virtual camera worked on the latest version. Hope this helps someone here. It seems the problem is that updating within the app does not trigger any re-registering of the system extension.
Many thanks for this post. Fixed my issue instantly!!

allemand-instable

I also confirm that this solution worked ( sonoma 14.4 )

RobSam

Having the same problem on macOS Monterey 12.7.4.
I fixed it manually deleting all files in

/Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL

for some reason the obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin was not there, only a "Contents" folder.
After moving this to the trash, you can just start virtual camera again in obs, it will ask you for the system password and will install a fresh obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin, and it works again.