Question / Help OBS constantly freezes

shfy305

I have been trying to get OBS to work for days now. I am streaming via twitch and my stream will be fine for about 30 seconds then it just freezes and stays frozen. I dont usually get dropped frames but a few times towards the beginning I did but now it mostly just freezes with no dropped frames. I can stream with xsplit flawlessly in very good quality with no problems but I want to use OBS because its a beter software but I cant even get it to stream for me. My internet upload speed is 11mb and I have tried using different servers. I've read tons of guides and tried changing all kinds of setting only to have the same issue. I am running windows 10 and my pc specs ill list below along with my log file

nvidia geforce

I7 6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz

8GB RAM

https://gist.github.com/d77d119d340c17128d72

Please help.

shfy305

I have tried veryfast fast and medium. Can you please tell me what settings to set everything at so my stream will be smooth I have tried so many things I am almost ready to just buy xsplit but I realy dont want to because OBS is so much better and its free =[

sam686

Have OBS record to file while streaming, does the freezing happen to recorded file too?

There is something I just found in log file, the webcam capture at 1280x720 using "MJPG" will put a lot of CPU load. Reduce your capture resolution to maybe 640x360, 30fps or lower, and then change from MJPG to something else like RGB, YV12, i420, YUY2, UYVY, or something. Webcam running at 720p 30fps can only be captured compressed (MJPG) over a slow USB 2.0 speed.

sam686

Maybe check again to make sure to use low webcam resolution (maybe 640x360) and change output format to anything except MJPG/H264.

Is it working fine with webcam unplugged?

shfy305

It wont even let me change it from MJPH. In the drop down thats the only option. I havent tried it without the webcam. Even my recordings freeze.

sam686

If you haven't tried OBS-multiplatform, maybe try using it, which is a different download from regular OBS.

Newer log still shows MJPG 1280x720...
I am not sure what may be the problem on regular OBS and MJPG capture.

shfy305

If you haven't tried OBS-multiplatform, maybe try using it, which is a different download from regular OBS.

Newer log still shows MJPG 1280x720...
I am not sure what may be the problem on regular OBS and MJPG capture.

so I got obs multiplatform and now im getting constant disconnects and reconnects and having a hard time getting my stream to even stream at all. I am getting a very small number of dropped frames to.

https://gist.github.com/11ad4f2f24bd388ab2f3

log for ya

sam686

so I got obs multiplatform and now im getting constant disconnects and reconnects and having a hard time getting my stream to even stream at all. I am getting a very small number of dropped frames to.
Looking at log file cpu usage profiling looks of video thread ok. This really appears to be connection problem.
When starting stream, maybe try open command and do: ping -t google.com (ctrl+c to stop)