OBS connects to facebook but won't go live

phantasmagoria

I've been using OBS for Facebook live streams for two years without any issue, but in the past month, any time I connect the two, the OBS feed shows up on my screen but I can't click "go live." OS is up to date, Chrome is up to date, OBS is up to date, and I have a reasonable amount of storage space available. Help?

Attachments

• LRBlogfile.txt
    29.7 KB · Views: 4
  • stream issue 31622.png
    stream issue 31622.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 10

Lawrence_SoCal

I ran into issues with Facebook's changing interface last year. and haven't had issue (knock on wood) so far this year, and I found I could stream at 1080p which is a nice improvement over 720p. but to your issue
The log gets down to making the FB connection then ends ??

So, lets start with some basics/context
- are you using facebook.com/Live/Producer? on the new content {something or other}
- have you checked your FB stream key lately (personally I use non-persistent key and change key every stream, but I have an IT security background) and confirmed it matches in OBS?
- are you using the ad-hoc/Go Live now approach, or Facebook's Scheduled Live Streams (which have the benefit of a consistent URL so non-Facebook users can also watch in real-time (which is what we use for our HoW livestream)

From the OBS log, though plenty of errors related to Source content, none of that related to the problem you are asking about (most likely)
I'm guessing you are connecting to FB fine, and you have the green status light in OBS, right?
In which case, the issue if FB stream settings
I'd test using the /Live/Producer page, and I'm happy to help. Assuming that works, the issue would almost certainly be a FB interface thing. Again, I'd start with a simple test using the old interface and make sure that works.