OBS Connection to Capture device

lemarsh

Logs:

On Laptop, running OBS 25.0.8 Windows 10 (but this happens on multiple laptops)

We film football matches, captured on camera and fed through ATEM Mini or HD60 into OBS.We film for multiple clubs, and so have different Scene Collections for each one. Normally 3 scenes per 'scene collection', 23 of which will have an audio input capture & a video capture device (in the case of the above logs, Atem Mini, which is shown as Blackmagic design (although the issue also happens with an Elgato HD60)

I can have everything working fine one day, and the next i cant connect the video, but audio is fine or vice versa. As a test this morning, everything working fine - i turned everything off, restarted laptop etc, and now i cant see the video, but can hear sound. I swapped over to a different scene collection, and it worked all fine, then swapped back, again nothing, then swapping back and that has now gone.

HAve now restarted everything, unplugged and plugged in. Can get sound - but no video on any scene collection. I have deleted the Video capture and installed again, but still no video.

This is not a 1-off, happens fairly frequently. Keep installing and uninstalling. This obviously does not look good in front of a client, especially as my stress levels begin to rise after 10 mins and wondering if this will ever work before kick-off, when people have brought PPV tickets for the match

As said, this has happened on different Laptops. Is there a bug in the current version of OBS, and should i go for an older version?

Any help greatly appreciated. Need to get others to be looking after streams as i cant be in more than 1 place for the new season, and trying to explain to someone is going to be a nightmare!

Lee

Tomasz Góral

it never happened that there was no picture, it was always a matter of wrongly selected parameters. Eg. blackmagic have, a problem with autodetect video signal, so I often set this property manually.
Low cost laptop with Ultravoltage processor, is like something that can't go wrong. (now i have I7 9750 with RTX2060, and one old I5 7500 with GTX1050).

lemarsh

i always set it to 1920x1080 input - but its just sometimes never there. But happens with both Elgato & Atem...

Tomasz Góral

First:
set correct resolution
why ?
In your project have 1920x1080p25(rescale to 1280x720) if you need 1280x720 as output resolution set your project for 1280x720
Second Elgato 1920x1080 30 FPS (problem with filckering)
Last problem BlackMagic 1920x1080 25 FPS - 50 FPS

Of course your BlackMagic device have the latest firmware ?

Have you checked ATEM Mini with other software, eg VLC?