OBS Command line Help.

Blake186

Hello, I need help with the parameters that can be used when Launching OBS. I can do the -m for multi but when I pry the -profile it never works. so I am wondering if I doing something wrong this is what I send to OBs "obs64.exe -m -profile "OBS-B"" this never works. I tried doing it with out the -m but to no avail it didn't work either. can some help or show me what I am doing wrong? thank you so much!

rockbottom

Don't use the -

They should look like this, all of these work for me. (NVENC H265 in mkv or mov container)

preset=hq profile=main tier=high rc=constqp rc-lookahead=32 init_qpP=18 init_qpB=18 init_qpI=18 bf=2 b_ref_mode=disabled

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
A single dash is for one-letter parameters, you need two for long ones. Eg obs64.exe -m --profile "Something"

You can run obs64.exe --help for the full list.

Blake186

So I tried both and It didn't work. is obs trying to look for the Profiles in %appdata%/obs-studio/basic/profiles? thats where I made both my OBS-A and OBS-B directories with there own seperate basic.ini files.

Blake186

A single dash is for one-letter parameters, you need two for long ones. Eg obs64.exe -m --profile "Something"

You can run obs64.exe --help for the full list.
I looked at the help and you are right thats what I have to do but when I do that it doesnt change it so I made sure in obs-Studio in roaming that the profile directories were still in it. they were so idk why its not finding it.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Tried to reproduce the problem here and it seems fine, the names of the folders in %appdata%/obs-studio/basic/profiles all work as options to --profile. Do you have OBS setup in portable mode perhaps? (portable_mode.txt in the root install folder)

Blake186

Tried to reproduce the problem here and it seems fine, the names of the folders in %appdata%/obs-studio/basic/profiles all work as options to --profile. Do you have OBS setup in portable mode perhaps? (portable_mode.txt in the root install folder)
No Do I need to have portable mode on? and the portable_mode.txt would be where i installed OBS right? and what should the contents be?

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
You don't want portable mode, that causes it to look in the program folder for profiles and not %appdata%. Where are you putting the command line parameters, in a shortcut or batch file? Could you screenshot it?

Blake186

You don't want portable mode, that causes it to look in the program folder for profiles and not %appdata%. Where are you putting the command line parameters, in a shortcut or batch file? Could you screenshot it?
I am doing a batch file. but I was trying a command prompt first. I will send you a snippet of the batch and the command line I am trying

Attachments

• CommanPrompt.png
    CommanPrompt.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 212
  • OBSBatch.png
    OBSBatch.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 208
  • Roaming.png
    Roaming.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 186

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
That should be fine, the cmd prompt matches how I was testing. Just to check, you're on OBS 26.0.2? Could you post a log file from after OBS starts up from the cmd prompt?

Blake186

That should be fine, the cmd prompt matches how I was testing. Just to check, you're on OBS 26.0.2? Could you post a log file from after OBS starts up from the cmd prompt?
Hey man I know your busy I just wanted to know if you saw the log and if you found my issue?

koala

is obs trying to look for the Profiles in %appdata%/obs-studio/basic/profiles? thats where I made both my OBS-A and OBS-B directories with there own seperate basic.ini files.
This implies you created/duplicated profiles manually, without using the GUI of OBS. Such non-standard creation of profiles may or may not work. In your case it doesn't probably work, because you probably didn't edit the basic.ini of the copied profile and edited the name=<name> entry to match your desired new profile name. OBS Studio doesn't pick the profile by directory, it picks the profile by the name in this entry.

Actual directory name doesn't matter. It's renamed as well if you rename a profile, but OBS doesn't need the directory name to match the profile name.

Blake186

This implies you created/duplicated profiles manually, without using the GUI of OBS. Such non-standard creation of profiles may or may not work. In your case it doesn't probably work, because you probably didn't edit the basic.ini of the copied profile and edited the name=<name> entry to match your desired new profile name. OBS Studio doesn't pick the profile by directory, it picks the profile by the name in this entry.

Actual directory name doesn't matter. It's renamed as well if you rename a profile, but OBS doesn't need the directory name to match the profile name.
That WOKRED THANK YOU SO MUCH!

djroshymix

i dont know how to make a .vbs macro, for play/stop an audio source into an scene:

the way i understand is:

/command=MediaPlaying/ scene=Soundboard/ sourceName=Slot1", 0

but not work, somebody help me please :(