Bug Report OBS changes display settings when start recording PowerPoint

fonthiller

Searched threads. Didn't seem to find anything that resonated with what I'm experiencing...

I am using an external monitor plugged into a laptop, because the LCD on the laptop is dead. (Even were it not dead, I'd still be using the external monitor due to its higher resolution.) Accordingly, Windows settings (Win10) are NOT to duplicate or extend displays, rather, to just use the external monitor (which is display 2) when the lid is closed.

I've been using OBS for a few weeks to make screen recordings in Excel. It's worked perfectly. Today, I tried doing the same in PowerPoint. Issues.

As soon as I start recording, the display properties are immediately changing to extend the display across two monitors. That makes the external monitor the second, or extended display. So the presentation window for the slide show isn't recording. (And then, because of the dysfunctional laptop screen, it's a chore to reset the display properties.)

Looking at the OBS settings, nothing jumps out at me for what I could change to prevent this? And I've gone back and tested that I can record in Excel and the web browser without issue. So, left to believe there's something buggy about PowerPoint specifically? (Using Office16, for the record.)

Ideas? Work-around? (...aside of saving slides as a PDF and speaking to those in Acrobat Reader.) Anyone else experience the same?